Home

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Release of "Katherine Howard: A New History"














My book, Katherine Howard: A New History, was published by Made Global Publishing on 13 August 2014 and is now available for purchase through Amazon. You can buy it either in a paperback format or on Kindle. The links are here:

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Katherine-Howard-History-Conor-Byrne-ebook/dp/B00MP25A7O/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1408530612&sr=1-1&keywords=Conor+Byrne 

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Katherine-Howard-History-Claire-Ridgway/dp/8493746460/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1408531110&sr=1-1&keywords=Conor+Byrne

As many of you will know, I have been researching Katherine's life properly since 2012. This blog began in November 2012, when after much thought I decided to regularly write about historical topics that interested me, and publicise them to as wide an audience as possible. Fittingly, perhaps, my first blog post in November of that year was on Katherine, discussing her birth date and childhood. If you are interested in reading this post, the link is here: http://conorbyrnex.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-birth-and-childhood-of-katherine.html.

I have been astounded and humbled by the support I have received both with this blog and with my book. I thank each and every reader who has taken the time to read my blog posts, offer their thoughts (which I always appreciate), and continue visiting this site. If you are interested in reading the findings of my research over the course of several years, I encourage you to consider buying my book. As ever, I warmly welcome your thoughts on it. 



2 comments:

  1. My article on Katherine Howard is at http://www.crimelibrary.com/blog/2014/02/04/queen-katherine-howard-in-her-defense/index.html

    How close do you think my conclusions are to yours?
    Thanks.

    Best wishes,
    Denise Noe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Conor, I enjoyed reading your book. My ancestor is Thomas Dereham (brother of Francis Dereham) and I have long been interested in this story after I made the connection. Your book doesn't mention that Thomas (not sure if this was brother Thomas or father Thomas) was also brought to the Tower for interrogation and but later released. It is also noted that Dereham Abbey (previously granted to Thomas on dissolution of the Monasteries) was not forfeited by the family. Did you come across any additional references to the Dereham's during your research that you could point me to? Do you know how Dereham and Katherine were related? Also Francis was knighted at some point. I have theorized this was in relation to his tour of Ireland so soon after the rebellion in 1536. Did you come across anything referencing this?

    Marina Garrison
    (11th grand niece of Francis Dereham)

    ReplyDelete